The Technician will report to the Research Scientist and Project Manager and work with an interdisciplinary team in order to successfully:
- Test and quantify cell separation and recovery using the Cyto R1 System
- Establish laboratory protocols for the catalog, characterization, and storage of tissue and cell samples for use with CytoRecovery’s developed technologies
- Develop quality assurance protocols and workflows for use of various biological samples on the Cyto R1 System
- Test and provide feedback on CytoR1 System instruments, software, and reagents for usability and customer-focused design
- Improve products’ performance and develop new products for customer-driven applications
The preferred candidate will posses the following:
- Experience and academic training incell biology and culture;experience with cell characterization techniques such as: qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, direct and indirect immunofluorescence, Western Blot, microscopy preferred
- Experience with bioengineering solutions (e.g. microfluidics or medical devices) preferred
- Effective and ethical work habits required
- Strong commitment towards working as a team in a dynamic environment required
- Excellent personal and communication skills required
Salary commensurate with experience; employee benefits and stock options available for full-time employees.
About the Company
CytoRecovery is a life sciences company, spun out of Virginia Tech, that is developing a revolutionary product system for the separation and recovery of live cells from tumors and other biological samples. We are a growing startup that provides an exciting learning environment and great company culture. Our technology can be used to quickly isolate and recover distinct cell populations, enabling their downstream testing, including their response to therapeutics.
CytoRecovery is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.